If you are running a business, the most important aspect that you must not miss on is online presence. Your business should have a website and you must find ways to improve its ranking for better exposure.
In one of the recent research done on 496 businessmen and professionals, it is found out that a majority is inclined towards Google Ads.
Google Ads come under the pay-per-click model and SEO will be used to improve the search rankings of your website. You should also know that both the SEO, as well as Google Ads, are effective techniques.
However, which one to opt for SEO or Google Ads?
Well, running an SEO vs. Google Ads differentiation is what will help you choose the best for your business website.
For a basic idea, if you are opting for the PPC model, it will only give your business a better exposure to the targetted audience. It will not improve the search rankings.
To get things even easier for you, we are going to compare both the models. You can weigh the pros and cons then decide for yourself which one is better.
What is the variance between SEO vs. Google Ads?
When it comes to opting for a model that will help your business, it’s not a very easy decision.
For starters, SEO, the abbreviated form of Search Engine Optimization, will help you in taking your website to the first page of the search engine for the relevant keywords.
The most important prospect while using the SEO is to write the content descriptively. The material that you have posted on your website should be easy to understand and written in a very simple language.
Coming to the Google Ads, it’s a PPC model where the business owners will get to put their advertisement on the search page for the related keyword.
These Google Ads can be tweaked according to the business requirements and the owners will only have to pay only for the clicks registered on the ad.
This PPC model of Google Ads will also show your ad on other relevant websites and it will be done through the Google Display Network. It contains numerous web pages across the internet.
Google Ads will not improve the Search Engine rankings but it will be significantly helpful in taking your website to the audience who are searching for the service you are offering. It will end up giving you very good exposure to the market.
What are the advantages of SEO?
We understand that everyone wants to know the clear cut advantages that a business will get by opting for SEO. As you should have known by now that search engine optimization will help you bring your website to the first page of the search results.
If you are still finding yourself in a bit of a dilemma, here are a few advantages of utilizing SEO. Now, these will help you in making a quick and a better decision when opting for an SEO vs. Google Ads comparison.
- SEO works with the algorithm of Google where it will look up to the websites that are most relevant for the query.
This is the reason it will be completely free of cost and you will only need to pay the team you hired for the task.
- When you improve your website’s rankings through SEO, it will gain much more clicks compared to the PPC model.
It was concluded in a piece of research, 71.3% of users preferred organic results to the Google Ads shown above these results.
- Having a good team for your SEO will allow you to stay ahead of your competitors. If you want to make an effective online presence, SEO is the best tool to go for.
In a report posted by Hubspot, it showed that for 61% of business owners, increasing their website ranking is the top priority.
- It will gather or bring the traffic that actually needs the services/products you have to offer. SEO will deliver the content to the users who actually want it; it is also called inbound advertising.
This is the reason the engagement you will get will be genuine and there are high chances, the user will return when they will need the same service/product.
What are the downsides of SEO?
While the SEO vs. Google Ads debate is ongoing, it’s very important to also go through the cons/disadvantages of SEO marketing strategy.
- The biggest con you can say that comes with SEO is that it takes a long time to show results. It can almost take up to 10-12 months to show up in the top 10 results.
In a report posted by Ahrefs’ Blog, on studying about 2 million web pages, only 5.7% of them were able to show in the top 10. It took as long as 6-8 months for them to achieve this.
2. To get better results from SEO, you will need to have an expert’s knowledge of the topic.
While searching for a certain topic, users will prefer the content that is well written with all the facts and explanatory pictures to the content which is poorly written with grammatical errors and twisted facts.
3. There is no 100% guarantee that the technique will work. It’s very important to hire the best team to get some satisfactory results.
What are the advantages of Google Ads?
This marketing strategy is based on the PPC model where the business owners will have to pay for the clicks they get on their ads. Google Ads is becoming one of the most adopted marketing techniques and you can also go for it to get promised results.
When it comes to running a SEO vs. Google Ads comparison, it also has certain advantages and we are going to discuss them in the following points.
- This model is way quicker than SEO. The business owners will not have to wait to get positive results. All you need to do is find a suitable ad platform for yourself and post the ad right away.
2. You will get a wide range of customization for the ad you are posting. For example, the ad can be posted for a certain geographical limit and the target audience can also be configured. The customization window will also offer you the option to exclude a certain type of audience if you want to.
As it’s a quicker strategy, you will also be able to get the ad feedback faster. This feedback will allow you to consider any changes in case you want to. Click here to get free Google Ads consultation or analysis.
What are the downsides of Google Ads?
Well, everything has its own pros and cons. The same is the case with Google Ads, in this section; we are going to go through some of the cons.
- This marketing strategy can be a lot expensive in case of popular keywords. The best example of this is Dropbox’s campaign in 2007. They were having the CPA of ~$300 on Google Ads where the product’s cost was only $99.
2. Google Ads can also go through Ad Blindness where if your ad is running for too long, it will get ignored by a majority of users. The business owners will need to keep changing the campaign contents to stay relevant.
3. The biggest downside for the majority of people is that it will require a big amount of funds to give you some returns.
Does Google Ads marketing help in SEO?
If you look at it closely, the purpose of SEO is not only to get higher SERP rankings, but it also impacts significantly on turning the organic traffic into sales figures.
There are various ways in which you can increase traffic. The best method you can implement is to take some help from your Google Adwords account. Here are 3 ways that can get you some very positive results.
- You must have heard of retargeting. This is where you will show some targeted ads to the users who have already interacted with your website or even visited. These users have a higher chance of being your potential customer than one who is a complete stranger.
- You can check through the Search Terms report of what exact phrases people are searching with. You can use these phrases as keywords for your SEO.
Google’s RankBrain machine-learning tech uses CTR to determine whether your website is worth high ranking or not. CTR is the click-through rate for your campaign. A higher CTR means that a majority of people clicked on your ad.
Should I invest in SEO or Google Ads?
This is the question everyone is asking, which one to opt for in SEO vs. Google Ads. The marketing strategy that you should use will be totally dependent on your requirements.
On the macro level, both strategies are used to boost sales. The primary benefit that a business will get from these marketing techniques is being able to convert traffic figures into sales figures.
Let’s go through each one of them in brief to get a better understanding of their working closely.
SEO vs. Google Ads
SEO: This is generally used by businesses that are putting their focus on getting continuous traffic. Well, their motive is to create some awareness about a certain product in the masses.
It will take around 3 to 6 months to start seeing some positive results, also, it depends on your targeted keywords competition and past performance of your website on the internet. We can prepare a detailed and FREE Website SEO Audit report for you to plan your SEO investment.
As you will get to optimize the website, it will allow you better traffic which will last longer and also provide increased sales.
Google Ads: If you are a businessperson whose primary focus on increasing the sales and quick leads/enquiries, the PPC model on which Google Ads works, is the way to go for you.
This marketing strategy is also very effective in the campaigns that are for the short term or last-minute marketing requirements. Full PPC management services available here.
How SEOCOMPANY.ME can help in Google Ads and SEO?
As we have discussed the SEO vs. Google Ads, it’s time for you to understand that in case of any confusion, we are always here to help. Our expert’s team will help you in providing the real results to bring your website in the top 10 SERPs.
However, before making any contract, the first thing that we will do is to do extensive research on the project of our client. Not only the client’s, but we will also study the market presence of its competitors.
It will significantly help us in making the strategy for business development. Eventually, it will help our team in providing the client’s goals and fulfill all the other requirements.
Increase Website Traffic & Sales with SEOCOMPANY.ME
As we are coming towards the end, it’s time to understand how seocompany.me will help you in increasing the traffic on your website.
There is one thing that you should note; it will take 3-6 months to get your website on the first page of the search engines, but if you have chosen the high competitive keywords in the beginning then it may take a longer time, our experts can analyse your and your competitor’s websites to provide the appropriate estimations on the results.
However, this is completely dependent on the requirements of the client before SEO vs. Google Ads comes into play. The main factors will be the keywords and it’s competition.
If the keyword given by the client is not a very competitive one, it can reach the required goal in just 3-4 months. SEOCOMPANY.ME will give you free tips and tricks along with a full analysis report. You will not be charged a penny.
After getting to know about the SEO vs. Google Ads, it can be concluded that both the marketing techniques are quite important. It will depend on the requirements that your company has.
However, for anyone who is facing any difficulty, our team of experts is available here to guide you. Also, they will help you in making the best roadmap to move ahead. Email us at email@example.com today!